Workshop on Physical Theatre
This workshop’s aim is to play with physical theatre and corporeal mime around the question “Which gesture do we need nowadays?”.
Open to all levels, the workshop provides a space of discovery for all those who wish to explore how we can give a gesture, how we receive one and how we can transform it into an artistic content. All the participants will be invited to develop their artistic skills in relation to this question, to improve their precision and expressivity and to put their body at the service of their imagination.
– Stage presence and dramatic intention
– Physical and spatial articulation
– The rhythm and texture of movement
– The weight as a dramatic tool
– Physical dialogues and relationships on stage
– Improvisation & creation exercises
Graduated in French literature, he trained in physical theatre and mime with Ivan Bacchiochi and Robert Bennett in Paris, Steven Wasson and Corinne Soum at the International School of Corporeal Mime in London, from which he holds a diploma.
He is a one of the founding members and actor of Moveo Teatro since 2005 and teaches at the Col·legi del Teatre de Barcelona and at the Moveo centre. He was a member of the company Théâtre de l’Ange Fou in London and has since worked on various projects and short films as an actor. He has toured with shows to Croatia, Spain, Italy, France, England, Israel Rumania and Poland.
He teaches or has taught for various schools and organisations, and worked in collaboration withfi the Alliance Française of Port Said (Egypt), Glob’culture (France) and , in Barcelona, El plato de ciné, the centre Amalia and the French Institute, for which he still works. Most recently, he performed in « ARA! » (Now!), the last production from Moveo as well as in an adaptation from John Ford’s « ’Tis pity she’s a whore », for the first time translated and performed in catalan, directed by Anna Estrada (La Pell company).
During the last years, Olivier also specialised in teaching French through theatre, giving classes and workshops for french teachers.
22nd-23rd October 2022
Saturday 11h-14h and 15:30h – 18:30h
Sunday 10h – 14h
– 15% discount if you enrol one month before the course’s starting date.
– 10% discount if you have the Carnet de Biblioteques de la Diputació de Barcelona, the Carnet Jove (the discount includes also any card member of the European Youth Card network) or if you are a performing arts student.
– 15% discount (permanent) for Moveo students and former students of the regular courses.
If you want to take advantatge of any of our discounts,
contact us and we will let you know how.
-These discounts are not valid in combination with one another-